Class 01 - 11/06/20
In this class we went over the user interface and the basics of animating in After Effects.
- Export and upload a video between 2-5 seconds showing/demonstrating the use of keyframes in animating objects and text.
- Create a personal/fake logo concept. This can be hand-drawn or done in the software of your choice.
User interface and animation basics
Animating shapes and text
File set-up, starting a new project, and basic keyframes
Review, exporting and more animation techniques
Class 02 - 11/13/20
In this class, we went over integrating between Illustrator and Photoshop with After Effects. Plus some specific techniques for you to use in animating your logo.
- Export and upload your animated logo. Keep it around between 3-7seconds showing/demonstrating the use of keyframes and other techniques that we discussed in class.
Photoshop and Illustrator integration with After Effects.
Copy and paste keyframes. And the Puppet Pin fail. :(
Animating a logo. Intro duction to masks.
Puppet Pin worked! and the Write-On effect.
More masks and such using the Stroke effect. Plus using shapes as masks.
Class 03 -
In this class, we learned about linking unlinked assets and using masks and blending modes to composite text into video.
- Export and upload your composited video. Keep it around 5-10 seconds showing/demonstrating the use of masks and blending modes. Use stock footage or footage that you shot to create a video where the text has been integrated into the shot.
Linking unlinked assets
Using masks and animating masks to integrate text into video.
Using blending modes and masks to composite video.
Class 04 -
In this class, we learned how to pull a green screen in After Effects using Keylight.
- Export and upload your keyed and composited video. Keep it around 5-10 seconds showing/demonstrating the use of Keylight, masks and compositing at least two shots. Use stock footage or footage that you shot to create a video where green screen footage has been integrated with other footage.
Let's start green screening!
A little more advanced green screen. Then After Effects crashed.
Now let's finish green screen.
Class 05 - 12/11/20
In this class, we talked about a real-world example of a motion graphics package. We dove deeper into green screen and motion tracking.
The assignment is to create a promo/Kickstarter style video with at least:
1 - logo
1 - lower third
1 - call to action
1 - green screen, masking, or tracking shot (one of these not all three)
Use as many shots as you need to create your video. You don't need audio, but it may help. I'm looking for the skills that were taught in class to be applied to this project. Be creative, have fun, and let me know if you have any questions.
Diving into more green screen techniques using motion tracking.
More motion tracking using rotation and scale.
Tracking the scene using the Camera Tracker.